Saturday, 2 August 2014

First Post Panic

I created this blog in August 2013, which suggests I've been struggling with a first post. Slightly poor effort on my behalf that a first year anniversary finds this rather pathetic post, but I have been to my good friend Google. Google, I am sure, is a mutual friend of many and as it has helped me through years of schooling- as has the library (doesn't quite match the sat-in-bed-convenience, but useful nonetheless) it seemed the perfect pit stop for a briefing on how to write a blog. Only a year late in my thinking.

Regardless, I need to 'be relatable' and 'find my focus'. Expect a poor attempt at both. I am formidable for going off on a tangent, I'm easily distracted which I am fully aware of- until I do get distracted, where I drop all awareness until it's too late and I remember I was doing three things previously. That makes sense. Relatable, well that's a word of sorts. We're all in minority fields when it comes to relatability, and many of my posts I predict, will be ones I have previously written. I'll leave you hanging on the relatability, bear with me.

Speaking of, 'previously written' I have technically been writing a blog since August 2013- even before that. I have this habit of carrying a black book with me everywhere and I write everything in it, literally everything, any time, any place. Usually however, these pieces of writing come with the added extra of being fuelled by endorsements of several persuasions and therefore make every sense at the time of writing, but to read back, it's a bit of a decoding job. MI5 would struggle. Throw in the hieroglyphics I call handwriting and the struggle increases. But I suppose it will allow me to construct a better point of whatever it is I'm moaning about (let's be honest, the ratio of moaning to just incoherent rambling is rather disproportionate in it's equality.) I also draw, not very well and even less so under influence, but the internet won't have the pleasure of seeing those.

I can't even remember the point of what I was saying minus the first post lack of business and something about a tangent, but even in dialect I have to constantly mention potential tangents followed by an apology of 'going off on one' when I inevitably do. I get distracted.

Anyway, that's a first post. Of sorts. Unfortunately, this foregrounds the direction of future babble, I'm a distorted soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment