Tuesday, 5 August 2014

The Dying Course of Our Discourse

But what do we know? Who knows if what we know is actually right? Especially considering the laws of science and how truth in the past has been disproved with a new truth in its place. Copernicus and Galileo, I'm looking at you. But it's weird to think about that, blows my mind slightly. That's what it all is, we share a discourse of what things are and what they do and what it means, at least I think that's what it's called. Discourses follow a course that eventually die, short lived or long lived, perhaps reborn, but there is no doubt a dying course of our discourse.

Still questioning whether I should opt for dying course or dying cause. Course is a journey, in which all discourses follow but the cause of a demise of a discourse is still the discourse. So perhaps the cause of a no longer discourse was in fact the course of the discourse.

Ambiguity. A speciality of mine.

I did study something reminiscent of this in sociology but not to ponder over that, I've probably failed that A-level alongside the others. I predict failure, cheers to me.
I've lost where I was going.



Have a picture of Galileo looking rather jolly alongside Copernicus who looks equally as thrilled. Suppose if I had a theory that had been rejected or had myself accused of heresy for supporting said theory, I'd be looking pretty pissed as well (especially considering hundreds of years on, their discoveries are today's truth and universally taught.)
Long live astronomy.

I also hope my grand number of 0 readers all know who these two fellas are.

Suppose I should also be encouraging comments too, the Albion sails on course right?

No comments:

Post a Comment