Gotta be careful what you read in the news. Maybe sceptical is a more appropriate adjective. News is powerful if you're a person of little will- it's quite easy to taint and change someone's perspective of a matter or in fact enforce an opinion that wasn't there to begin with. And that's scary. Scary to know that a guy (or woman, for the feminists out there (of the radical persuasion)) (can you double bracket?) (tangent) anyway, it is scary to know that providing something is on the news, it is somewhat 'true'. It isn't.
News, depending on its source, offers a bias account and in cases where all sides of the particular case are exposed, there's still a bias being pushed through. I'm aware I'm being quite unsuccessful in articulating my annoyance clearly, so we'll settle for ambiguity.
But I'd like to think that those who are so easily manipulated are in a minority for I fear a world like the dystopia books I have read (see Orwell's '1984', Burgess' 'A Clockwork Orange', Huxley's 'Brave New World' etc)
But I know I'm set in my ways stubborn and question everything- a question isn't answered, if an answer isn't questioned, right? This started with news values and finished with Temples.
Spiacente.
*A very good band which I recommend seeing live, if you haven't already.

Interesting thoughts.
ReplyDeletehttp://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com
Great post sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch xx :)
Antonella <3
Absolutely love your words and thoughts - so different from every other blog I read. I see you haven't been on in a while - please don't stop. Your writing is amazing x
ReplyDeletewww.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com
Thank you, that means a lot! Yeah, I've just been struggling with ideas like this lately and my poetry output has increased as a result, but I don't know if I'm ready to share those yet. And then there's all this uni stuff I have to sort haha!
Delete