It's just weird. Driving on the motorway currently sixty-seven miles from my destination, it's long and there's so much road. But even England is such a small country in comparison to the likes of Russia and America and here I sit in what I think it a massive place, but it isn't. Compared to me it is, I guess.
Countries aside, even the earth is tiny really. To quote Nick Cave, we're just 'a microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan' that lyric would work even better if I believed in god. Tangent.
Anyway, it's just weird thinking about how insignificant we are. Driving down the M6, currently a road amongst many fields and farm land by the look of stuff but all this open space is absolutely nothing in the grand spectrum of the universe.
I know I'm nihilistic but that truly comes to form during moments like these.
It's liberating- almost beautiful.
Your blog is really cool. I totally agree with you!
ReplyDeletewww.mysimplyperfect.blogspot.com